How to market your business with Pinterest
Pinterest has been recently listed the third most popular social network, right behind Twitter. The main reason for that is its addictive features of pinning and repining images with the ability to link back to third party websites. The concept is very simple, but because its easy sharing features and the power of the social graph, an image of a chocolate crusted apple pie can be pinned and viewed over 100 thousand times.
Here are few important Pinterest pointers to get you started:
- Complete your profile with your logo, description of your business and a link back to your website.
- Create boards so you can categorize your content. This way your boards can be found by the Pinterest search engine.
- Always link back to your website.
- Make the best image the cover of its board.
- Stamp your logo over images when you can.
- Attach descriptions to pins by going to each pin individually. This will increase searchability, visibility and repins.
- Follow other profiles that share similar interest
Remember that Pinterest can serve as a referral machine to your website or the landing page of your choice, so if you are rolling out a new dish, or you have a fantastic line of clothing on your shelves, don’t be afraid to create a page or a post on your website that talks in depth about that product, snap an edgy image and pin it with a link back, then let analytics do the talking for you.